School Improvement Plan and OFSTED
School Improvement Plan
SGS Pegasus School will focus the following priorities for 2017/2018 – 2020/2021: -
- To be recognised as an outstanding school
- To be visionary and innovative in providing high quality educational and practical experiences by anticipating and meeting demand
- To enhance the quality of the experience we provide for our learners and our staff
- To develop responsive partnerships with all our learners and staff, parents, carers, professional support services, the local community and with other education providers
- To ensure we have the necessary resources to support our School Improvement Plan
- To provide an environment the school that is equipped for the delivery of high quality learning
We will publish our School Improvement Plan in due course.
SGS Pegasus School will have a "Readiness to Open" meeting with the Department of Education (DfE). This meeting will determine if SGS Pegasus School is ready to open in September 2017, based on a number of different areas such as teaching, curriculum, governance and leadership. The information provided to the DfE and the outcomes of the meeting will be judged according to a traffic light system, red, amber and green. SGS Pegasus School is highly confident we will receive all green and amber in the areas required by the DfE.
Ofsted pre-opening judgements will be on the following: -
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils
- Welfare, health and safety of pupils
- Suitability of staff, supply staff, and proprietors
- Premises of and accommodation of schools
- Provision of information
- Manner in which complaints are handled
We are very confident that SGS Pegasus School will satisfy the DfE requirements for the recommendation that the School 'is likely to meet all'.
We will publish our Pre-Opening Ofsted Report in due course.