SGS Pegasus School receives Pupil Premium for each pupil who are looked after by the local authority, those who have been eligible for FSM at any point in the last six years (also known as Ever 6 FSM) and for pupils whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces.
We use the funding to narrow the attainment gaps and are held accountable for the impact of this funding.
We use this funding to: -
- ensure that all pupils receive the best teaching possible and that whatever barriers come between the pupils and their learning are removed
- track the progress of every pupil to identify any gaps and use data effectively to plan additional support and/or interventions to lesson gaps identified
- ensure that the development of good literacy and numeracy skills is a whole school focus and the responsibility of every member of staff. Where applicable, we will provide additional literacy and numeracy programmes designed to accelerate progress and remove barriers to learning
- be proactive in early identification of any attendance difficulties and work in partnership with families with a range of solutions
- support families and work in partnership with them when considering strategies and interventions to support behaviour
- enable support to be given so that all pupils have full access to broad educational experiences, such as residential experiences, sporting events, career-linked opportunities
- ensure no pupil is disadvantaged by a lack of uniform, equipment or food
For more information regarding our Pupil Premium plan, please click here.
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision. Funding received by SGS Pegasus School will be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision at our school.
For more information regarding our Sportl Premium plan, please click here.