SGS Pegasus School offers a broad and balanced curriculum that is ambitious, aspirational and sets high standards of success and progress. The curriculum creates outstanding educational experiences that prepares pupils for adult life.
The curriculum conforms to national government expectations. All compulsory National Curriculum subjects are taught, alongside a foreign language or experience of the culture of another country.
We provide a curriculum that ensures equality and inclusivity. The curriculum provides a strong framework through which the connections between subjects are clearly mapped, whilst providing adaptability and flexibility so that the lives and heritage of learners and their communities can be distinctively embedded.
It provides structure and is differentiated to meet the individual needs and prepare our pupils for all aspects of adult life in a multi-cultural society.
We want all children to achieve their full potential in the academic, artistic, social, spiritual and emotional aspects of their lives.
Therefore our curriculum has a focus on skills progression and creativity. Our aims are that:
- Children will be exposed to a comprehensive range of cross curricular knowledge in which the learner has a strong input.
- All children become self-confident, independent and resourceful learners.
- All children are equipped with the skills needed to make a successful transition to the next stage in their lives.
Our curriculum supports these aims by:
- Offering an exciting education, which challenges all children and provides new experiences, through enquiry based learning.
- Establishing a high quality and creative approach to learning and teaching where all children make good progress, achieve success and enjoy learning.
- Having a stimulating school environment that enables active learning.
- Ensuring that learners are treated individually, taking account of their needs, varied life experiences, preferred learning styles.
- Forming strong and effective partnerships with our families and wider community to teach children to be strong, independent, self-assured individuals prepared for the next step in their learning journey.