Approaches and Interventions
The curriculum of SGS Pegasus School will be meaningful to our pupils. We will carefully consider not just the 'what' is taught but also `how' it is to be delivered.
We will use a range of assessment to determine each pupil's strengths and needs. These assessments, alongside the details of each pupil's Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) will enable us to plan effective support and interventions to ensure each pupil experiences success and makes progress.
SGS Pegasus School will adopt a range of interventions to support pupils including: -
- TEACCH (see www.autism-community.com/what-is-teacch for more information)
- Proact – Scipr (see www.proact-scipr-uk.com/proact-scipr-uk for more information)
- Social stories and Comic Strip conversations (see carolgraysocialstories.com for more information)
- Social Thinking (see socialthinking.com for more information)
- Attention Autism (see ginadavies.co.uk for more information)
- PECs (see pecs-unitedkingdom.com for more information)
- Makaton (see makaton.org for more information)
- Signalong (see signalong.org.uk for more information)
The impact of these interventions will be clear. Pupils will develop communication, social interaction skills and independent life skills to enable their successful transition to adulthood.
We will provide parent/carers and families with an overview of our interventions and have two way discussion as to which approaches best meet the needs of each pupil.